This past couple of days have been nonstop around here. Ryan and I were just saying how we wish we could just hit a pause button. I honestly think that today is the first day I have been able to sit down and do whatever I want. And if that means nothing.... PERFECT. This week I hosted the first meeting of the International Cookery Club for my group. It was nice. We are made up of one from Germany, one from Australia, one from the US, and four from the UK. Since I am the group leader, I went first. I didn't do the traditional Thanksgiving meal because, well I have never made a turkey before. So I actually doubt that I should test it out on these ladies, and with this oven. So I made a brunch. I did find a store that had Krispy Kreme doughnuts... yes Krispy Kreme!!! There is no southern brunch without KK!!! I also had grits!! They loved the grits!! I think it was a hit! Hopefully they enjoyed something different.
Madelyn is in full swing at school and afterschool activities. She is doing her riding lessons on Wednesday. Gardening club on Thursday. And dance is on Friday. By the time the end of the weekend comes, she is pooped. She won't admit it, but she is. She is making friends and having fun. She did hit a bit of homesick this week. She misses her dog and her family in SC. Mamie sent us Spooky Buddies and it made her miss Gracie a bit more. Poor thing. I may have to be on the hunt for a nice looking golden retriever stuffed animal.
Reagan is now getting adjusted to her school. She only goes on Tuesdays and Fridays. She has a great key leader. She is in charge of Reagan at school. At first Reagan didn't want to go to anyone. Well today I drop her off at school. She walks into her room. Then she sees Ms Rebecca and the arms come open and the fake cry starts. It was pitiful. haha!! She goes straight to her now. Today they said that she played all day. This is a big thing since she has been attached to Ms Rebecca and not wanting to play. She is one tired and hungry little girl when she gets home. Today's nap time was not even a fight. I just layed her down and she looked at me and then closed her eyes. Yea for school!!!
This weekend we are not going anywhere, but it is still packed. We don't have much planned tonight. Tomorrow we have some car repairs to take care of. Then we have a Halloween block party to attend. Sunday we are having lunch at our sponsors house. Maybe we will get lucky and find the Panthers on TV on Sunday.
We hope everyone back home in the US are doing well. I will try my best to get better about posting things. At least I am pretty good about Facebook. Not great, but ok. We miss everyone!! Have a great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.