Last week was Madelyn's first day of school. This was her first, first day of school. Oh my goodness!! Where in the world did the time go?? And yes... I cried. I was fine during the registration day. I was fine the night before getting her stuff ready. Then that next morning, it started to hit me. As we took the pictures, she was so excited. She just wanted to go. Me I wanted her to stay. Yes I said for her to stay. I knew she would have fun but this would prove she is not a baby anymore. She headed out on her bike and she was ready to go. We got to school. She put her bike in the bike rack. She stood in line and was ready. I had to get one more picture of her and that was all she would give me. And that is when I lost it! The teacher came up to me and said, "she will be ok.". Great, now her teacher thinks I'm a crazy person. There was not another mom crying out there. But I knew it was a big day for my baby. Reagan and I walked back to the house and then I was good. The funny thing is that I wanted to pick up my cell phone and call so many of my friends and talk to them on the way home. But, that was not an option since it was either three, two, or some midnight in the am for most of you.
Now with that being said, I love the uniform part!!! LOVE IT!!! I don't have to fight with her on what to wear that day. The only thing she really gets to choose is if she is wearing a dress or skirt. Her only other option is what hairbow she would like to wear. LOVE IT!!!
Reagan is heading to school this week. She had her first evaluation day last Friday. She could only go for 30 minutes. Tomorrow, she gets to go for 90 minutes. Then Friday she will be able to stay all day... well until lunch. My babies are growing up!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.