Thursday, June 28, 2012

End of the Year

Ok, I am beginning to understand why people that have attended the JCSC have said "don't blink after Christmas". I feel like it was Christmas yesterday. Our time is coming to an end and it is a big, crazy mess around our house. Our household goods have already started their way back to the States. We are using the rental furniture that the British Army will provide for us. Our car started its adventure back home yesterday, so we are using the rental car. Nothing is really ours right now and it seems a bit odd. In a way, our time doesn't feel like it is ours either. With stuff at Ryan's school, the girls school, and just life, it is madenss.

Ryan is busy with finishing up school. Usually he is home by 5:30 or so. The last week and this week, it has been late nights. Madelyn's school has a big International Week. This has made it super busy for mom. Making sure that I attend her programs, cook for the school some yummy brownines, and at the last minute she wanted to join the fashion show. On top of regular school stuff, Madelyn is winding down her swimming lessons and her riding lessons. The girls are also spending time with their friends.

During these last weeks here, we have had a visitor, Meleia. She has helped in making sure that all those last minute places that we wanted to see and haven't, we are seeing. This week especially. It is her last week with us. This week we have made it to Stonehenge and then Oxford on Friday. I think that will top off our list of things that we wanted to see before we leave.

We will definatly miss our new friends that we have made here. And this is one of those times that I can truly say "thank you FB". If it wasn't for FB, I don't know how I would keep in touch with all of them. But I can also say that I am ready to head home and see my friends and family.

I can not believe that we have been here for one year. All the things we have seen and places that we have been. We have been to Germany, Belgium, France, Spain, Italy, Scotland, all different places of England. It has been a great time here. We had my dad meet us in Germany for Christmas. My mom came for Madelyn's birthday and our trip to Paris, France. Ryan's parents came and we went to Madrid, Spain and Rome, Italy for Easter. With Meleia we went to Scotland where Ryan played golf at his dream course, The Old Course of St. Andrews. While in Germany we had a bit of time to visit with the Houston family, which we haven't seen since Ft. Hood, Texas.

It has been a great time. I will keep everyone posted. We have some big events still to come. We have Purple Ball and then our time heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.