Well we finally made it to Paris! Last Friday we headed out at 730 am for our train out of London. We went to the train station... which by the way was a nightmare in itself. But we finally made it. We got off the train in Paris and then the girls saw Ryan. We all headed out to the hotel. It was funny... some French came back. Well the numbers came back when the head cab guy asked us... how many? Man yea I was feeling good! And it was just numbers!!!
Madelyn was super pumped when we got to the hotel, and she saw the Eiffel Tower out of her room window. We all rested a bit and then Ryan and I ran to the store to get Reagan some juice. We left my mom and the girls in the room to rest some more. Ryan and I got back to the room and got the girls all together to go get them some dinner. There was a pizza place around the corner, but they were closed. So the girls ended up getting Subway. We got the girls into the tub and got them ready for bed. Ryan had made reservations for us dinner out in Paris for my Valentine's day dinner. It was good that my mom came with us. The girls and her were pretty tired anyway, so we headed out.
Ryan made reservations at Boeuf Sur le Toit. It was nice. We had a great dinner and conversation. I can't really think of the time that it has been just us two since we have moved here. We have tried to have dinner at home after the girls go to bed, but sometimes that only works for a second, and then I'm ready for bed. When we are out, it is better. I have to stay wake. At dinner I had the best creme brulee. Oh my goodness!! It was GREAT!
After dinner, Ryan and I went to see the Eiffel Tower at night. It was beautiful!! I had planned for us to go to the top and have some drinks. But then I started thinking.... we have to pay to get to the top and then pay for the drinks. So I decided that we opt out of drinks. I know what you are thinking... me thinking about saving money??? But I started thinking, it was really Madelyn's weekend. So of course I was again thinking about my beautiful, soon to be six year old first. So Ryan and I walked around for a bit. That ended soon, because it was COLD. And we had a long day ahead of us. We were going to shove about two or three days of sightseeing Paris, in one day.
The next morning we all had a great breakfast at the hotel. Then we first hit the Louvre. I thought it would be better since they were not tired. Reagan fell asleep in the backpack before we got to the line. I was super excited. I thought that she would be tired and then we could look without her screaming. She made it part of the way. Madelyn was pretty good. I hit the key things that I wanted to see and then we headed out.
Madelyn was dying to see the Tower. So we hit the metro and headed straight there! She was sooo excited when we turned the corner and there it was! We grabbed some sandwiches and had lunch. Then we made our way closer! Our plan was to go to the top with Madelyn. But as we got under and saw the line, I didn't think it would be best to wait in line for about an hour or more in the freezing cold. Did I mention before that it was COLD! Madelyn and Reagan already had a cold, I didn't want to push it and them get more sick. So Madelyn saw a merry-go-round at the base. She said it would be OK to get on that. And so she did. We then hit the metro again to see the Arc. We took some pictures as close as we could. There was also a long line to get into there. We opted out of that too. But since we were so close..... we were going window shopping!!! I found Louis Vuitton!!! Man yea! I walked around in AWE!!! I actually touched a few too! But don't think for a minute that I wasn't being watched by at least two people. They were watching everyone like a hawk. We headed out and decided to call it a day. Everyone was tired and everyone was frozen.
We got back to the hotel room and stripped Reagan down and put her in a nice tub of warm water. She had been in a backpack all day and she was cold. She loved playing in the water. Mom and I went to the bakery. We grabbed some goodies and then headed back the room. Ryan and I took Madelyn out for dinner in Paris without her sister. We found the Sushi Planet. Madelyn loved it since it was PINK! She had her sushi and soup. Ryan and I had our sushi and it was good. Nothing to write home about, but it was good. The best was sushi made of Nutella!!!!! Now that was good!!!!!
The next day we got up and had breakfast and then headed to the train station. This time we upgraded the train! It was nice. We all had our own seats. Reagan really liked that. And Madelyn fell asleep a bit on there too. She was pooped! Excited but pooped! We made it home and she had a great time! I can't believe my little girl is going to be six and she actually got her dream of going to Paris. I'm glad that we could make it happen.
MADELYN GRACE MADE IT TO PARIS!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.