As some of you may know there was a battle last week. It was against my big toe and the 23 pound frozen turkey that I had bought for Thanksgiving. Well lets just say that the turkey won. It was a bad day. Reagan and I had gone to the commissary to get some things together for Thanksgiving. As I was pushing into the freezer, the bag broke. The turkey fell from eye level to the ground. And lets just say, I screamed I'm sure some not so nice words. Our neighbors didn't know what to think I am sure.
So I went to the doctor today. I guess the best news that came out was the fact that I didn't need a screw for the bones. The doctor said that the bone was crushed, but they were still in their spots so the screw was not needed. Then he did decide to boost my feelings by saying that there was nothing that could really be done. And that .. and I quote... "it is going to hurt like bloody hell for the next couple of weeks.". Thank you very much.
That turkey will be served at the American get together on Thursday. It will be cooked a few minutes longer just because. I will be prepping for the next couple of days so that all I have to do is put everything in the oven on Thursday. Then Friday it will be time to prep for our International Family Day on Saturday. It is pulled pork and homemade BBQ sauce. I have already made the sauces, so that is good. Busy, busy week!!!
But that turkey.... I will win in the end! haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.